Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two Years

Two years ago today in Beijing China on the 9th floor of the Wang Fu Jing Hotel we met a very scared little boy. He was three years old and his life was forever changed in about five minutes. 
He was so brave and so very strong. 

He has taught me more about life and more about love in the last two years than I learned in my entire life. With each adoption brings a new mountain, a new valley, a new destination, a new blessing. All perfectly, wonderfully and beautifully orchestrated by God. 
Andrew had a rough beginning, but that's the beauty. It was just the beginning. I truly cannot wait to see the plans God has for his life. I know they will be truly amazing and breathtakingly beautiful. 






Just like he is. 

Over the last two years we have watched Andrew transform...like a butterfly {which by the way, if you have ever seen A Bug's Life and the scene where the caterpillar starts singing "I'm a beautiful butterfly.." yeah, that's Andrew's favorite part of the movie and the part he walks around singing...It is so true though...because he is now a beautiful butterfly...you know what i mean} He has transformed. In miraculous and beautiful ways. 

Andrew keeps me laughing, makes you earn trust, and love, and when he does love you...he loves fiercely. He has taught me more about life and love and being JOYFUL than I think I could have learned in all sixteen years of life. Andrew is truly one of the biggest blessings in my life. 




Happy Two Year Gotcha, baby boy...Look at how far we have come. 

Also, very happy Gotcha Day to our precious travel buddies the Perry family, Yingling family, Glass family, and Starnes family. I am so thankful that we were blessed with such an amazing and supportive travel group. Happy Gotcha Day to Jacob, MollyClaire, Katie, Leah, & David. We love y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a little love in the comment section…we love that stuff around here!
xo,
Ashton