Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow.
Oh my goodness, tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will begin my journey to Uganda and I am so stinkin excited. 
The dream I have had since I was a little girl is finally coming true. It is surreal to me that tonight is my last night at home before Uganda. 
My bags aren't packed. and that's okay.
I will be running through town like crazy today getting every last little thing.
but I am so excited.
Before I leave, I feel it is necessary to thank everyone who has helped me to get to this point.
So, so many of you who I will be forever thankful for!
First, Mom and Dad.
I don't even have the words to thank you both for all you have done. From the Lion King, Shania Twain and convincing you I was going to turn in to The Little Mermaid, I have always been your dreamer child.
When I told you of my dreams to mission and love orphans for the rest of my life in a far off land, you never questioned it. Daddy even said there was nothing that could make him more proud. You two have fundraised, prayed, encouraged, loved my less than always lovable self, and have done everything in your power for me to go on this trip. (including missing 3 weeks of school)  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Love you both so much! 
To my darling High School, thank you to my teachers and friends who have basically carried me through these last few weeks of early exams, projects in great numbers, and all of the tests. If not for your willingness to go to the 'Big Guys' and plead on my part, my trip wouldn't be possible.
To all of our close family friends. Jodi, Charmon, Krista, Kathleen, Taylor, Nana, Papa, Mema, Papa, Jennie, Amanda, Emily, Erin, My siblings {God love them}, and everyone else who I just cannot even think to name. There are so many of you. Who love me, encourage me, and support my dream. Your fundraising, donations, and overall support has been unbelievable.
Tomorrow I begin my journey to Uganda. I am not sure if I will be able to update blogs or not, but I plan to try my best!
Monday I will be loving sweet Uganda babies. mmm.
Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours. Open my eyes to see past the selfish world I live in to see your World, your people, and to be your hands and feet. Let me be the light.
To God be the glory, evermore. 

"Who will go? Who shall I send?" and I said, "Here I am! Lord, Send Me!"
-Isaiah 6:8

2 comments:

  1. This is beyond exciting Ashton!! I CANNOT wait to hear about your trip when you return!! (Beware: you may not ever want to leave Uganda, it's that amazing!!) Haha. Hug some precious children for me and show them the love of God for me as well. Wish I could come along! Have an amazing time, and take lots of pictures and make sure you journal everything! The one thing I wish I would have done more was write, because now I forget some things. :) I'll be praying for you during your trip! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a little love in the comment section…we love that stuff around here!
xo,
Ashton