Friday, July 29, 2011

The Birthday Boy

So, it is now Birthdays galore time of the year basically. Let's see...in the next ehh 2 ish months. we have 6 birthdays. just.in.our.family. not kidding. Let's see. Andrew...TODAY!!! Mom...tomorrow! Hayne...August 20. Anna Grace...September 11. Me and Ainsley...September 20. {yes, we share our birthday!} So, be prepared for lots of birthday posts....:)
Anyways,


Today, our precious boy turned 5....

A WHOLE HAND.




I seriously cannot believe that the little boy we held in China for the first time only a year and a half ago...is FIVE.

That seems so grown up to me. What is happening to my babies? They are growing so fast. Our teeny Princess is going to be 5 in September! I just can't believe it.

So, today...we are celebrating our boy. and everything that he is.

He's funny, loud, so boy, sweet, spicy, can give you a pout-y face that you can't help but laugh at, with a smile melts your heart, shy, a total power ranger, a fighter, strong willed, passionate, will NEVER give up, loves his Mama, adores his Daddy, is completely protective and in love with his Mei Mei, handles his siblings like a pro, can melt this sister's heart with a sweet little "i luh you she she" {jie jie; big sister in Mandarin} and so much more.

He is such a blessing. We are so blessed to call him ours. To tuck him in at night and to get to love him forever. Oh how blessed we are!

Today, I think of his precious birth mama. we don't know what her story is but we know she loved our boy. She did what was best for him. She risked her life. Today, my prayer is that she is comforted. That God gives her a peace beyond all understanding and that He lets her know, her/our boy is fine. He is amazing. He is loved, knows about Jesus, has a family. He is a miracle. I pray that she is comforted. I will never be able to thank her enough for this blessing. She gave us this precious boy. Thank you.

Andrew JianHui,
You will never know how much you are loved. You are a treasure my sweet boy. I don't know what I would do without your constant yelling, kisses, i love yous and every other little joy you bring into our life. You are a strong little boy. God has SUCH big plans for you, baby. You defied the odds. You are a miracle. You are loved. I hope you know that. Please never forget it. Today as we celebrate your fifth birthday. I hope you realize how special you are. Today is YOUR DAY. The day God brought you into this world. I look forward to many, many more birthdays with you my love. I hope you have a fabulous day and you enjoy celebrating You. It is all about you today. Cake, Presents, Toys, Friends...all about you.
I love you forever,
Jie Jie
*I will post his 5th birthday pictures soon. I got in from California tuesday night and we left for another vacation/china reunion Wednesday morning. We are still here so I have not had much time for anything. The picture at the top is recent. It was taken Thursday night, our boys last night as a 5 year old. so bitter sweet. More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet Andrew!! I hope your day was filled with SO much fun!! May you be blessed with MANY more birthdays to come and share them ALL with your sweet big sissy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a little love in the comment section…we love that stuff around here!
xo,
Ashton