Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful.


This year {like every other year, day, hour, month} I feel so thankful. I look around and just can't help but think about how blessed I am. God has truly given me the best family, friends, and life I could ever ask for or dream of.
While watching the Macy's* Thanksgiving Day Parade a commercial for St. Jude came on today and it hit me. "Give thanks for the healthy children you have and help the ones who aren't" How often do we take each day for granted? Our health, Our lives, The privilege of having FOOD, and a family. How much of that do we think we deserve, when truly we don't deserve any of it. I am so incredibly blessed and so very thankful for all I have {Even when I don't act like it}
Today, as I sit around a table with my love ones and precious family, I am going to remember those who aren't blessed like I am. The orphans, the starving, the homeless, and everyone around the world who isn't where I am. I am going to think of a little girl in China today who does not have a Mommy and Daddy right now holding and loving her, but I will rejoice in the fact that THREE WEEKS from this very moment all of that will be about to change.
God is so good. I am so blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!
‎"Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth." -Isaiah 12:4-5

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashtyn!! I'm Sindy and a friend of Christy's To mia with love. Can you let me know what you charge to do a blog? I need a make over badly!!
    www.ourthreelittledumplings.blogspot.com

    God Bless,

    Sindy...PS Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a little love in the comment section…we love that stuff around here!
xo,
Ashton